Font limitations on PowerPoint
If you are using restricted (Benthem, Metropolis and Infinity) or unpublished fonts on Piktochart, you’ll find this pop-up modal when you’re trying to download your visual:
If this happens, you have two options:
1. Download without the font file: When you open the file on PowerPoint, you can choose either “Remove Restricted Fonts” or “Read Only” mode.
- “Remove Restricted Fonts” - The font will be replaced by a system-default font on PowerPoint.
- “Read Only” - PowerPoint will render the exact font but you will not be able to make any edits to the document.
2. Get the font file - To continue with download and editing on PowerPoint with those fonts, you can click on the Font Website links provided (Benthem, Metropolis and Infinity) to purchase those fonts.
- Already have the font file - If you already have the font file on your computer - you won’t get any prompt when opening the file on PowerPoint. You’re all set!
- Just installed font file - If you have just installed the font file on your computer, you will need to quit Powerpoint and reopen the PowerPoint file again.